The Trend page displays host performance trends over time.
The Filter bar at the top of the screen provides a way to navigate through the network hierarchy (see File>Configure to see how to group network devices). At the top level, a list of Zones is shown, once you have selected a zone, the view will drill down to only show information from the selected zone, and a list of Groups will appear. Select a group and the view will drill down to only show the information from the selected group and a list of Agents will appear. Finally if you select an agent, the lists Hosts being monitored by the agent will be displayed. Click on the links at any level in the path and you will move back up the tree to that level.
Click on the Explore button to see long term trends (see Sentinel:Report>Explore). If a single agent has been selected an Agent Details button will appear. Click on the button to see detailed information about the agent (see Sentinel:Search>Agent/Interface). Finally, if a single host has been selected a Host Details button will applear. Click on the button to see detailed information about the host (see Sentinel:Search>Host).
The following options in the Filter are used to select the charts to display:
- Show the All option displays charts for each of the performance metrics, showing a combined view of performance for all the hosts in the selected part of the network. Selecting a specific chart displays the selected chart for each sub-group. For example, if a Zone is selected, then a chart for each Group in the Zone will be displayed.
- Date select a date, clicking on today's date will track most recent data.
- Time selects the hour at the start of the Interval, Now will track most recent data.
- Interval select the number of minutes of data to display. The interval starts from the specified Time, or if Time is set to Now displays an interval going back from the current minute.
- Truncate controls the maximum number of charts that will be displayed .
Note: clicking on charts automatically changes the filter to drill down on the selected chart, changing the Show setting if more than one chart type is displayed, or drilling down to a specific Zone, Group, Agent or Host if a single chart type is displayed.